Sunday, May 27, 2012

bicycle romance summer quilt

Hi! I'm still working on the title and design for my summer quilt. I'm a lot nervous because usually I have the entire quilt designed and drawn into my graph notebook before I start. This quilt seems to have a mind of its own and the design is unfolding as I make the quilt.

For instance, I started with the idea of random blocks inspired by the fabric motifs. So I made this bicycle girl:
 Then I made my biking boy:



 Then I got the idea that these two should meet and fall in love on a park bench:


They just seemed made for each other :)
I have a few ideas for the next block but how to put them all together into a quilt is still a total mystery. So I hope it turns out. At least I know how their romance turns out... happily ever after, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment