Thursday, August 16, 2012

time out for babysitting and field trips

Summer is not quite over here, and it's still time for adventures and visiting. This week I've been hosting my two sweet nieces for the week. We've been to the zoo, many playgrounds and parks, and a nature center. My daughter has been begging to go to Meadowside nature center all summer. I kept putting her off, saying wait till your cousins come and we'll go together. I'm glad I made her wait because they had a great time.

The nature center has a cave which is so much fun to explore:


It also has a native american exhibit to play in:






The only thing missing this week is quilting-- I'm counting down the days till back to school and back to serious quilting!








2 comments:

  1. G'day Jamie. Sounds like you had a fabulous time. Our winter is nearly over here. Spring is just around the corner now, though we do still get a lot of rain and thunderstorms in Spring. Take care. Liz...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Found the button. Finally. Anyhoo, I do love your quilts and enjoyed reading your vacation post. Looking forward to reading more as time marches on! Thanks for sharing!

    And yes I am a robot. A very intelligent robot.

    ReplyDelete